Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Planescape - On Hallowed Ground
From the web:
No ordinary tome can hold the powers of the planes, berk. That's why On Hallowed Ground is two books in one. In the first chapters, learn what divine compacts keep the gods from tearing the multiverse apart. Get the dark on turning player characters into proxies. Find out what happens when a spellslinger brings a petitioner back to life. And tumble to the awesome prestige - and awesome danger - of walking the Great Ring as a priest.
The second part of On Hallowed Ground delivers the chant on hundreds of AD&D game powers, from Aasterrinian to Zivilyn - and just about every high-up in between. More than a summary of old material, it updates the AD&D game's gods for the PLANESCAPE campaign setting, featuring their trusted proxies, their brash rivalries, and their hard-won roles in the cosmos.
Written for Dungeon Masters and players, this 192-page, full-color book includes:
• 20 separate pantheons detailing the powers worshipped by humans, demihumans, and monsters (including the deities of the AD&D game worlds). Zeus, Sung Chiang, Gruumsh, Takhisis - they're all here, based on chant from Legends & Lore, the DEITIES & DEMIGODS book, Monster Mythology, and AD&D game world sources.
• New ideas and rules for priest characters on the planes.
• Tips on creating, visiting, and surviving divine realms.
• A look at powers favored by factions and planewalkers.
• Comprehensive appendices listing gods by pantheon and portfolio.
• Full-color maps of realms glorious and infernal.
From the back cover: This is the second in a series of groundbreaking AD&D® accessories. Within these pages are nearly 70 fully d...
From the back cover: "Stroll in boldly and back out fighting! Who could have imagined such a hornet's nest? TROLLS &am...
I love using miniatures but can't paint them for crap and I think just having the bare metal does not give the full effect. Plus lugging...
From the web: Fantasy Role Playing in the world of Glorantha.
From the back of the book: Front and center! The complete range of basic human soldiery, from hard-bitten front-line warriors t...
From the web: RuneQuest is an easy-to-play game of Fantasy Role-Playing. Participants create imaginary characters to go adventuri...
From the back of the book: Expand the horizons of your RuneQuest campaign with the exotic creatures in this book. All new, they...
From the back cover: Here are 45 Rune Lords, Rune Priests, and Rune Lord-Priests of the 15 cults surveyed in Cults of Prax. Ea...
From the back cover: Snake Pipe Hollow is a large flexible RuneQuest scenario book, designed to supply dozens of adventures for a ...
From the back cover: This book contains 640 per-generated treasure hoards and 43 magical treasures for Glorantha for use in any Ru...