Thursday, January 10, 2019
Planescape - The Planewalker's Handbook
From the web:
Feeling overpowered by the infinite possibilities of the multiverse? Wondering how to role-play a tiefling, what spells to memorize, and how to manipulate portals? Here's the dark of it: The Planewalker's Handbook is the essential manual for survival on the planes - a Player's Handbook for the PLANESCAPE setting! This 160-page book, written for players and Dungeon Masters alike, builds on material from the PLANESCAPE Campaign Setting boxed set, presenting new information crucial to anyone playing or running a PLANESCAPE campaign.
This definitive full-color guide features new illustrations by DiTerlizzi and contains:
• All the information needed to create and customize characters, including new races, archetypes, proficiencies, equipment, and a Planewalking kit designed for each character group;
• A taste of the multiverse: a look at each of the planes, with commentary and helpful hints by noted planewalker Tarsheva Longreach;
• A guide to planar travel, from portals to conduits to the Great Paths;
• Tips on surviving and profiting in PLANESCAPE campaigns, from dealing with specific races to the rundown on the factions of Sigil;
• An overview of how magic really works (or doesn't!) on the planes;
• New spells and magical items useful in exploring (and surviving) the planes; and
• A special section on the power of belief, and how it can change the multiverse - including a new rules system that allows player characters to actively affect the planes around them!
From the web: . . . And whether these heroes are the costumed, super-powered type, the neighborhood fireman, or the Special Fo...
From the back cover: The most powerful and comprehensive fantasy role-playing system is now even easier and more fun in the tho...
Published February 1982 Champions Cover Cover artist: Denis Loubet
Published December 1981 Special Traveller Issue Cover artist: David Allee
P ublished March 1984 Features Island of Entellope Cover artist: Jim Holloway
From the web: Space Gamer #6 - July/August 1993 Subtitled The Magazine of Free-Style Role-Play Cover by John E. Holland ...
Published December 1988 Halls of Fortune Cover artist: Roy "Lucky" Lopez
From the web: Published November 1984 Tékumel: Empire of the Petal Throne Cover artist: Kim Strombo This was the first issue ...
From the web: Table of Contents: Editorial - Charlie Krank What's New at Chaosium Advice from Rurik edited by Steve Perrin ...
From the web: Special Stellar Conquest Issue Issue #25 of The Space Gamer is a 28 page magazine that includes: Articles ...