From their website:
"Living on the Edge!
Adventure on the crumbling brink of disaster, dodging the jaws of death with barely a pause for breath between perils. This is the world of the dauntless men and daring women of 1920s and 1930s adventure tales. Live the pulse-quickening, heart stirring, cliche-inspiring exploits chronicled in pulp magazines, movie serials, and newspaper comic strips. Visit the exotic trouble-spots of a world in peril; travel the trackless wastes of unexplored continents; soar through the wide, blue skies of the first generation of manned flight.
GURPS Cliffhangers includes:
- Background material on the world of 1925-1939, including a detailed timeline of this turbulent period.
- Rules and guidelines for generating characters with the style and stamina for cliffhanging adventures.
- New hazards to be faced by the intrepid adventurer! Feel the slashing jaws of the savage piranha; thrill to the ululating war cries of the wild Tuareg; shudder at the sinister schemes of the mad scientist!
- Suggestions for campaigns and adventures, and adapting the cliffhanging style to other milieus.
- A guide to the style, rhetoric, and fiendish cunning of pulp-era villainy."