From the web:
"Our Reality Will Be Destroyed and the Truth Revealed
Our reality is a prison - a very cleverly designed and well organized one, but a prison nevertheless. It is an illusion which has robbed us of our divine wisdom and godly powers, and which blinds us to the true reality of the abyssmal conspiracy. Only by journeying into Metropolis to confront our mistaken assumptions and master our fears, can we awake and reclaim our place as the equals of the Demiurge.
Metropolis represents what we would see if the illusion ever broke down. It is a never-ending city of chaos and destruction; a city composed of the most deplorable features of our own cities' slums and back alleys, concealing secrets far more shocking than we could ever conceive from watching the world we call our own.
The veil of deception which shrouds us is slowly coming undone. In certain areas it has already completely vanished, while in others it could momentarily crack, causing part of our world to merge into Metropolis, presenting a horrifying glimpse of the truth our senses are unable to grasp.
In this book:
- The Cracks in the Lie: This chapter provides you with suggested situations in which the illusion is torn open. Here the Game Master find shte tools with which to dramatize such occurances, adding a touch of atmopsphere to the game.
- The Structure of Madness: This chapter contains campaign materials which recreate Metropolis, as well as a number of incidents which the GM can easily fit into your game.
- Lairs of Power: The dwellings of Metropolis' potentates: the palaces of the Archons and the closed citadel of the Demiurge. It aslo provides some easily adaptable situations, and brief explanations of the palaces' inherent powers and how these powers affect their surroundings and the creatures who dwell within.
- The cogs in the Machine: Dedicated to places of particular function, or of singular importances to the Original City. It covers the Memory Banks, the Primal Sea, the Clockworks, the City of the Dead, and the Mirror Halls.
- The Damned: The weird and dangerous creatures which inhabit the Original City. This chapter also contains descriptions of Metropolis' residents, whose multi-layered personalities cannot be touched on except in the broadest of terms.
- Handouts: Each chapter is genoursly supplemented with excepts and illustrations, which can be copied and distributed among the players."