Monday, May 14, 2018
MGP - The Slayer's Guide to Bugbears
From the web:
Pound for pound, muscle for muscle, bugbears are stronger, sneakier and far more unpredictable than their other goblinoid cousins. They are brutal guerrillas who strike fast and fade away, bursting onto the scene to wreak terrible havoc before vanishing. If they could ever unite under a single banner, or maintain the military discipline of the hobgoblins, they would shake the heavens with their rage. Fortunately for the rest of the world, bugbears are as fractious as they are violent, driven by chaotic urges and consuming greed that prevent them from developing the social structure of more advanced races.
Inside You Will Find:
- Bugbear Physiology: Taller than all but the most extraordinary of men, bugbears cut an imposing figure in the light of day. When glimpsed dashing through the shadows, their bulging muscles and towering frames are enough to give any adventurer a moment’s pause.
- Habitat: Bugbears are capable of surviving in most environments and are equally at home in the wilderness or hidden within the cities of more civilised races.
- Bugbear Society: Full details on bugbear life including the feared Dark Rangers and the dreaded Render and Stalker.
- Methods of Warfare: Physically powerful and smart enough to formulate tactics, the bugbear is a dangerous foe on any battlefield. In skirmishes, where individual strength is a deciding factor, bugbears have a distinct advantage over the
members of most other races.
- Role-Playing with Bugbears: Games Masters are provided with complete information on how to portray bugbears within their campaign, in a way players will never forget.
- Scenario Hooks and Ideas: A series of jumping points to introduce bugbears into a campaign.
- Luurgs Warren: A detailed bugbear lair is presented.
- Bugbear Reference List: A ready to go list of characters and enemies for players to face, should they stumble across the machinations of these evil creatures."
The Bestiary portion of the Atlantean trilogy is another of the books that I have never sued for the system it was written for but it has...
From the back cover: "Ragnarok. The end of the world. The climactic battle of legend where Asgard falls and the heroes and go...
From the back of the book... "Rare dragons, wondrous giants, bizarre humanoids . . . For years such creatures have filled clas...
From Back Cover: "This book is a reference for both players and referees. It includes essays on the Imperium and other int...
From the back cover: "There's a government agent from Ottawa who looks like he's been attacked by a lawn mower. Th...
From the web: "You are in a world where Reed Richards did not live to become Mister Fantastic! Ben Grimm is the Thing, but he...
From the back cover: "You've been through more in the last few weeks than most normal folks go through in a lifetime. From s...
From the web: "The game's story is set in a post-apocalyptic Australia, where mutant animals form the predominant societi...
From the publisher: "Stygian has finally mastered the cosmic control rod. He comes out of hiding and tries to conquer Ear...
From the back cover: "It takes a desperate man to attack the X-Men single-handed, but revenge for a murdered partner makes...