"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Champions - Hero Games
Of all the various superhero games I've played over the years Champions would have to be the one that I have played the most. There are others such as Villains & Vigilantes that hold a more special place in my heart for some reason but Champions was the one that we returned to the most. I think it was that you could create a more structured and level playing environment. All of the Hero games lend themselves to the idea of game balance. Everything is point based so all of the players should be basically equal. There are ways to try and beat the system but a good GM can address those. In the end it is a bunch of dice and math but the underlying idea is there. Give it a try if for no other reason than to try and recreate your favorite hero or villain within 250 points.
Labels:
Champions,
Comic Book,
Hero Games,
Superhero
Popular Posts
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...