"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
The Rogues Gallery - AD&D TSR
This is one of what I like to think of as the first three original accessories for the game. Those being the Geomorphs, The Monster & Treasure Assortment and then this the Rogues Gallery. Of the three this is arguably the least useful of the lot. I would think of it as throw away material (if I threw anything away) except for the cover art and the character histories. The stat lines are a dime a dozen and even back then were of limited usefulness. There is one set of numbers in the Paladin area to die for though. The character histories from some of the notable PCs back in the day are nice. There was even a character sheet for one of these that came up on eBay a few years back. I wish I had won it but at least I have this.
Popular Posts
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...