"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Friday, March 18, 2011
Different Worlds #1 - Chaosium
I have tried to get copies of most major RPG magazines through the years. Other than the 800 lb gorilla (now online only) this may have been the best of them and at time I might sat better. The only other possible contender would have been White Dwarf. This is issue #1 and it grew quite a bit over the years. I have most of the issues of Different Wolds and someday plan to make a point of completing the run. It was nice in that it featured an alternative voice and a delivery system for articles on other game systems as well as Chaosium's. If you get a chance to pick up a copy do so. Maybe one of the theme issues which were always nice or one of my personal favorites were the issues with write ups the X-Men or the Teen Titans.
Popular Posts
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...