"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Grimtooth's Traps - Flying Buffalo Inc.
I have picked up most of the Grimtooth's line of books over the years. There are apparently versions put out by different companies or divisions of the same company. I have never been a big fan of mechanical traps in the dungeon. That they are untriggered would suggest that no one has been there before. If they had they would be triggered or disarmed or even a note scrawled as a warning on the wall...mental note use that as a means to lure someone into a trap....a false warning leading to the real trap....but I digress. I appreciate magical traps as they can be "magical" and reset themselves. That said this line is a fun read and if you want to use mechanical traps the books are an excellent resource.
Labels:
Blade,
Flying Buffalo,
Misc,
Traps,
Universal
Popular Posts
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...