Friday, November 11, 2011
Different Worlds #8, Invisible Fire
Magazine of Adventure Role-Playing Games
Cover price: $2.50
Cover: Steve Oliff
* "Better Game Mastering: Teaching Role-Playing" by Robert Harder
* "D&D Variant: Sleep vs. Mixed Parties" by John T. Sapienza, Jr.
* "Review/Scenario: Alien and Starships & Spacemen" by Leonard H. Kanterman, M.D.
* "Game Aid: Talent Tables" by John T. Sapienza, Jr.
* "Defining The Campaign: Gamemaster Styles" by Lewis Pulsipher
* "Sourcebook: Composite Bows" by Simon Magister
* "Scenario Review: TSR's The Keep on the Borderland" by Anders Swenson
* "RQ/Gateway Cult: Zelan The Beast" by Ron Weaver
* "Review: Walter William's Tradition Of Victory" by Dave Arneson & Steve Perrin
* "Designer Notes: How I Designed Land of the Rising Sun" by Lee Gold
* "Analysis: Alignment On Trial" by David R. Dunham
* "Review: Advanced Melee & Wizard" by Steve Perrin
* "Letter From Gigi: Gossip" by Gigi D'Arn
Duration: 3 Hours/Level
Area of Effect: One Flame
Casting Time: 3 Segments
Saving Throw: None
By means of this spell the magic user is able to change an existing flame. The flame will be made invisible to any that the caster does not specify as being able to see the flame when the spell is initially cast.
The flame will continue to function as it would normally for all who are specified by the caster. The duration of the flame will also be extended to that of the Invisible Fire spell. The flame will continue to have all of the same requirements and can be extinguished though if reignited the spell will continue. The smoke produced by the flame will also be invisible though the heat can be felt by those that can not see it.
Disclaimer: The spells that you will see, for how ever long the write ups last, were all written up or conceived of back in the 80's so the terminology may not appropriate for anything other than 1e and depending on how well I did back then it may be slightly off for that as well. If there is any duplication of spells that exist now it is most likely I wrote mine first :) Please feel free to comment on them but try not to be too hard on me. If anyone wishes to use these in anything they print please let me know in advance and all I ask is proper credit.
From the web: "In Collector Series Book Three we are presented with new options for the Cleric class. The book includes new cha...
From the web: "Demonology: the Dark Road details additional rules and options for summoning and binding demons through magic ...
From Back Cover: "Featuring the space station that changed the destiny of an entire galaxy, this all new roleplaying game allo...
From the web: "Collector Series Book Seven presents new options for the Monk class. The book includes new character options,...
From the web: "What, in truth, do we know about female gamers? Those few who have encountered them over the years have been ...
From the web: "Umbar: Haven of the Corsairs is a MERP (Middle Earth Role-Playing) Campaign Module published by Iron Crown Enterp...
From the back of the book: "Crouched within a vast cavern complex, the city of Sheoloth is a skeleton of stone wrapped in tort...
From the web: "Elementals are among the most primal forces in the mythology of many cultures, raw elements given life. This ...
From the web: "The second supplement in the acclaimed series from Mongoose Publishing, The Slayer's Guide to Gnolls focus...
From the web: "When Evil Comes Written by the father of gaming himself, Gary Gygax, the Slayer’s Guide to Undead is a 12...