"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Birthright - Warlock of the Stonecrowns
I am not sure if it is clear in the picture but this is one of those modules that I bought in the secondary market that are still in the shrink wrap. Since I bought it after I had stopped playing Birthright I have not been able to bring myself to open it. As a result I am not going to bring any level of in depth insight out about this module.
The premise sounds like something that would work well for the setting. I used a similar idea back in the early days of my Dm'ing. I want to say that it was planned out but back then I would start a party going somewhere and then start to improv as needed. It involved Lolth and the Codex of the Infinite Planes. She was using it to seal off the flow of magic to the various planes of the multiverse in retaliation for her plans being thwarted in the GDQ series.
I think this is the last of the Birthright items I will have to talk about for a period of time. I still have some others but they have not been cataloged yet.
Published: 1995
Pages: 64
From the Back of the Book:
High in the Stonecrown Mountains, a new source of dark magic stirs, wakes, and spreads its wings to shroud the land in shadows. The Warlock of the Stonecrowns, an awnshegh regent who is as evil as he is powerful, is draining other regents' sources of magical power, choking on their ability to cast the most powerful form of magic of all--realm magic!
If that isn't enough, the Warlock threatens to close the only pass connecting the trade-kingdom of Cariele to the rest of Anuire. An army of orogs and ogres is gathering to the Warlock's banner: Are your heroes equal to the challenge of the twisted magic of the Warlock of the Stonecrowns?
This open-ended, "adjustable" BIRTHRIGHT adventure is suitable for use with either mid-level (4-6) or high-level (7-10) player characters. You must have a copy of the AD&D games rules and the BIRTHRIGHT campaign setting to play.
Labels:
2e,
ADnD,
Birthright,
Module,
TSR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
DDA1 Arena of Thyatis was released in 1990 and was labeled a low level module. Since this followed the other B series modules I always won...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
I had mentioned before that I tend to prefer my Cthulhu set in the period that the game was originally written for. Modern era Cthulh...
1 comment:
You're going to have to buy another copy to read! It's a decent adventure and a good add to your Birthright collection.
David S.
Minnesota, USA
Post a Comment