"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal

Friday, June 29, 2012

Birthright - Player's Secret Ilien


The Birthright setting is one that came out when I was in the depth of my card flipper stage (Magic the Gathering) and as a result I did not even know that this existed until long after it was released. I came to my senses for a brief period of time and started picking these items up as I could find them in stores. To complete the tale of woe though in 1999 I fell into the trap that was Everquest and then Warcraft. There was almost a whole decade of role playing time lost.

I have said before that this comes in third, and at times maybe even second, in my favorite retail gaming settings. The first is Greyhawk, then Mystara and then Cerilia. I would not say the the Player's Secrets supplements are as detailed as those for Mystara but then they in turn allow a little more customization by the DM. In the end these can be picked up for a lot less making them a better value in my opinion.


Published: 1995
Pages: 32

From the Back of the Book:

The benevolent wizard Count Aglondier of Ilien is dead! He has left control of his realm to you, his trusted apprentice. With the considerable power of realm magic behind you, your task is to govern Ilien and defend it from those who wish to conquer your small domain.

This BIRTHRIGHT domain sourcebook is designed for players who want to take the role of the wizard king, or play a guild leader, a lieutenant, or a servant to the king.

No comments:

Popular Posts