"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Friday, May 11, 2012
The Bestiary - Bard Games
The Bestiary portion of the Atlantean trilogy is another of the books that I have never sued for the system it was written for but it has been well used. The book serves well as a point of reference for other game systems. I recall that the game system itself was one that I wanted to try but was never able to get a group that was interested in playing it over the system du jour. I know there are better uses for a time machine but I really wish there was some way to have gotten this system used when it was new.
Published: 1986
Pages: 130
From the back of the book:
"Return to the second age of Atlantis to a time wften the race of men was young, and giants still walked the earth... when ancient dragons lay sleeping beneath the ocean waves, and the woods of Avalon and Stonehenge were alive with the haunting songs of the magical Sidhe. Encounter the strange and wondrous inhabitants of a bygone age in the Bestiary.
Includes:
• The Alicanto, a fabulous bird that feeds on precious metals
• The Zephyr, beautiful winged folk from the Continent of Mu
• The Hantu, so-called "earth-bound demons" of legend
• The Ahl-at-Rab, reptilian rulers of the desert sands
• The Kraken, fearsome monsters of the deep
• The Zazir, diminutive and industrious creators of nature's wonders
• And many, many more...
With a separate section for fantasy role players, featuring stats for hundreds of monsters and wild animals, lists of encounters, and much more..."
Labels:
Bard Games,
Bestiary,
Core Rules
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
DDA1 Arena of Thyatis was released in 1990 and was labeled a low level module. Since this followed the other B series modules I always won...
2 comments:
Indeed... it was the same for me. This article was really excellent for all of us.
salt lake house cleaning
I always found all of the Bard publications to be quite useful, no matter what campaign I was running (either one really aligned to all their stuff, or something of my own invention). The classes in the Compleat Adventurer and Compleat Spellcaster were awesome! I wish I still had my copies.
Post a Comment