"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Arms & Armor - Bastion Press
Books like this take me back to the days when Oriental Adventures and Unearthed Arcana were released for the first edition AD&D. Both of these featured new weapons and armor options that the group I played with were more than willing to milk for every perceived advantage they could. It was in those early days that I learned on of my most valuable DM tricks. That was that if the players can do it so can their adversaries. Nothing like having that same "rule breaking" option used on a player to make them see the folly of the option.
This book is one that I would never have really bought unless I had been able to get is cheap like I did. The material in it is not bad but the weapons selection seems too exotic as it were. I am not sure that there was ever such a varied selection of weapons in any one place, in history, other than a gaming convention in the early 21st century. If you can get it cheap the books is worth having but unless you want your players running around with weapons like Duck Spades and a Cicada Winged Sword while wearing Aeroglass Plate or Subdermal Armor I might limit its use.
Published: 2001
Pages: 96
From the back of the book:
Weapons of Valor
Weapons make the adventurer, granting a cutting edge against fearsome foe and cunning villains alike. Players and GMs discover new and innovative ways to arm their favorite personages within these pages. With more than 70 new weapon qualities and 100 new weapons, everyone can find something to arm their imaginations.
Armor of Faith
Bardic armor? Spellcaster's spidersilk? No matter the class, new types of armor await discovery. Coupled with more than 70 new armor qualities, armorsmiths the world over prepare to forge a host of new possibilities for the world's greatest heroes.
Labels:
3e,
Accessory,
Bastion Press,
D20,
DnD,
Supplement,
Weapons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
DDA1 Arena of Thyatis was released in 1990 and was labeled a low level module. Since this followed the other B series modules I always won...
1 comment:
I've been a player in a game that had access to huge weapon catalogues and all of us did the same kind of thing. Luckily, we were all pretty grown up so when I lost a long term character to an NPC doing the same thing to us, all I could do was smile in good humour, and promise to try even harder to get the most broken set up next time.
OK, so maybe not that grown up.
Post a Comment