"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Call of Cthulhu - Mythos Edition (5.x)
There is really not much that needs to be written about this. The system continues to build upon itself with each new edition becoming better and better as opposed to more and more bloated unlike some other game that I won't mention. I am fairly certain I own most if not all the iterations of the game. The third is still my favorite I think but only for the cover of the book itself. Regardless of the version this will always be in my top five games to play.
From rpggeek:
Published in May 1992, this is the 5th edition of the popular horror RPG based upon H.P.Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. A 240pg softback book, the first 64 pages are Rules, the rest of the book is Mythos.
This edition improves upon the previous editions without making substantial changes, by making the rules and content more coherent and complete, adding some dozen Skills, removing others (though not making them illegal), adding more characters, stats, occupations and so on. The game still focuses on horror, terror and the gradual... loss... of... your... SANITY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
2 comments:
5th Ed was always the ultimate edition for me. I just loved reading the book.
And you can still pay games where people at the table had anything from 1st to the newest eds and they could still play their characters.
One of the all time great games.
I agree with Timothy. The "editions" are more like reorganizations than anything else. The core systems do not change. A few skills here and there modified, byt, yes, a 1st edition edition PC works in a 5th edition games.
5th is my favorite reiteration as well. :)
Post a Comment