"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Champions - New Millennium
Champions is a game you play because of the system and not the content that has come out of the modules and rules over the years. New Millennium is not part of the Hero system but it is instead a recreation under the Fuzion system. This was released in 1997 and I have never had a chance to use it. I have heard mixed reviews of the system in general of of this book specifically. I am fairly certain I will never play it. Champions has always been my favorite superhero game of choice (sorry V&V) and I get the feeling this would be going out with someone who is very close in appearance to an old girlfriend. Initially exciting but in the end something that mars memories.
A conversion of the popular Champions superhero RPG to the new Fuzion game (with Plug-Ins, Switches and Dials to let players tweak the setting). This 200pg softback book gives you all you need to start and run a superhero RPG. The game includes the Champions character creation system of buying characteristics, talents, skills and your superpowers. There's some introduction content to guide the DM on how to run the game and campaign, and a lot of campaign material and pre-made characters to get you started.
The book is lavishly illustrated and has 16 full colour pages of a comic book, in case you've never read one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
No comments:
Post a Comment