"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Carse (Chaosium)
City products have always been a weakness of mine. If I come across one that looks like it has any value at all I will eventually end up owning it. I attribute this to my first city based product being none other than the City State of the Invincible Overlord.
This version of Carse is actually the second version. The first was released in 1980 by Midkemia Press. This is a version that was licensed from that group by Chaosium. The earlier version of Carse is one that I am still looking for and will own when I can find it for slightly less than a King's ransom.This product was released in 1986 and I have not had a chance to compare the products.
From the back cover:
"Designed for all fantasy roleplaying systems, Carse is a home base for adventurers. With it, gamemasters present adventures normally, using CARSE to locate shipbuilders, outfitters, armorers, ins, sorcerers, and all the other delights which player-characters demand.
"Nearly one hundred kinds of businesses and professions are noted; in all, about 450 buildings and four major complexes have been populated and discussed.
"But Carse is much more than a medieval shopping mall. A lively city-state, romantic intrigue and secret societies abound here, each with its own prescription for love or power, and each in turn shadowed or hounded by the operative of Baron Bogardis IV, capable ruler of Carse. Gamemasters can use it sub-plots and random encounters to generate new scenarios. Lovers, thieves, thugs, loonies, and even a few honest folk strut down byways where personal schemes and family connections are all-important, yet who can say whether it is good or ill to be known by such residents as the Troons or the Hazara Khans?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
No comments:
Post a Comment