"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Friday, April 26, 2013
Chaosium - Stomp
This is not really a roleplaying game so I thought about not including it in the posts I make. In the end it is a 1978 release by Chaosium so thought many people may not have seen it so why not. It does involve elves and a giant so it is the realm of the fantastical and that alone makes it worth posting about. I have never played it but I have been told it is fun.
From Board Game Geek:
This small elegant game depicts the struggle of elves trying to outsmart and defeat a 40 foot, slow-witted giant named Thunderpumper.
The giant is depicted only by his sandals as the elves work to tangle up his shoes and make him crash to the earth. In the meantime Thunderpumper is swinging his club and trying to stomp the pesky elves that have invaded his master's garden.
The game fits in a ziplock bag with a color map of the garden, barely 2 pages of rules, and counters.
In 1997 it was "reprinted" as an insert in the third and final issue of Chaosium's house newsletter, Starry Wisdom, along with alternate rules incorporating the various universes of the company's roleplaying games, past and present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
No comments:
Post a Comment