"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Cleric's Challenge II - HHQ8
This module is for AD&D 2e though it could be used for 1e if the DM really needed it to be. It might take minor modification but I can't recall for certain if there was anything so edition specific to make that impossible. With that being said I am not sure why you would bother. I have never fully seen a need for the One-on-One adventures from their very inception. I understand the premise but I have always seen roleplaying as a group event and though technically two is a group I think sizes smaller than four make it hard to work as an adventure.The premise for this module is a little contrived but it can be made to work if all the conditions are right. In the end I would take this module and tweak it and then beef it up and turn it into a cleric focused rather than soloe adventure.
From the back of the module:
Something evil is stalking the parish of Barlox.
Ten years ago, the village's temple burned to the ground and the parish priest disappeared. The temple has since been rebuilt, but life has not returned to normal. A current of fear and discontent now ripples beneath the surface of this once sleepy wine-making community. Old rivalries have turned bitter, and unwittingly unleashed a force of ancient corruption.
Cleric's Challenge II is a special ONE-ON-ONE ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS adventure designed for a Dungeon Master and one player character cleric of 4th to 6th level. It is the eighth in a series of independant adventures focusing on an individual character of a specific class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
No comments:
Post a Comment