"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Sunday, June 16, 2013
CoC - A Resections of Time
"A Resection of Time" is scenario for Call of Cthulhu set in the 1990s. I have gone on record as saying I prefer the 1920s as a setting and if I ever ran this I would go through the effort of making it run through that time period. The adventure has strong elements of "The Whisperer in Darkness" which might be a bit of a spoiler if you have read that tale. The book suggests it can be run in two or three night but I suspect they are selling that time short and it might maybe as much as double that depending on the group. This is not one of my favorite adventures for the game but it is still a solid one. It was released in 1997 and comes in at 64 pages in length.
From the back of the book:
"At first, the death of successful archaeologist Kyle Woodson seemed an accident, an automobile crash turned fatal. When certain medical irregularities become apparent, and then the body was quickly cremated, the case becomes much more sinister to trained eyes."
"In this adventure, the investigators are challenged by the strange case of Kyle Woodson. Inquiries will take them across the United States of the 1990s, from San Francisco, and the Sanbourne Institute of Pacific Antiquities near Los Angeles, to decaying modern Arkham. In the end, all clues lead to ancient Mayan ruins, deep in Central America."
"This 64 page scenario book can be played in two to three nights. It contains twenty-five handouts, many featuring genuine Mayan glyphs and annotated translations. Artwork includes many thumbnails, several drawings of Mayan artifacts, and a number of beautiful grey-scale illustrations. "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...

No comments:
Post a Comment