"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Monday, June 10, 2013
CM2 - Death's Ride
I stated a good back when I posted about CM1 that these modules started the group I was running at the time thinking about more than dungeon crawls and running from point A to point B and accomplishing mission X. I also mentioned the inherent pitfall that came with that course of action. It never quite turned into a Game of Thrones level of intrigue and backstabbing but it did make things uncomfortable at times.
The CM modules are often looked down on for some reason. I found them to be no worse than most and better than some by far. Part of the problem I think is that they wanted to keep them adventures and at the levels these are designed for things to fight get tough and coming up with suitable adversaries and non cliched and contrived plots get tough. That being said this adventure fell into both of the latter problems to some small degree but it was still playable. It could even be used at lower levels if the players were scaled back in level and down some. It was released in 1894 and comes in at the somewhat standard 32 pages.
From the back of the adventure:
All communication with the barony of Twolakes Vale has ceased. King Ericall, worried about the security of his border and angered at the loss of tax revenues, has commissioned you, a delegation of powerful characters, to investigate.
This is not a petty problem to be solved by the armies of local nobility. Indeed, the king's forces are desperately needed elsewhere. Twolakes Vale is, after all, only a small barony on the far frontier of Ericall's domain. And yet...
The cloud is there, its nature and cause unknown. None have returned from the barony for weeks. Furthermore, the cloud is spreading, and vague reports of unrest and mysterious disappearances are starting to trickle in from nearby baronies.
Can you discover the secret of Twolakes Vale?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
1 comment:
I rather enjoyed Death's Ride when I went though it back in the late 80s. Planning on taking my kids through it this summer.
Post a Comment