"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Sunday, June 23, 2013
CoC - Lurking Fears
Lurking Fears is what I would call a relatively new acquisition for me. I have had a chance to read it but not play or run any of the scenarios that are contained within it pages. It was released in 1990 so it is an older book but was still available for a fair period of time after it was released. You can still get it on eBay on a somewhat regular basis and the price fluctuates considerably. The book contains a mix of scenarios, six total, and there are none that I would consider a waste of space. The book is worth picking up if the price is right but I would not fall into the trap of "must have it now at any cost".
From the back cover:
"Contained in this volume are three regular-length scenarios ,one short "one-nighter", and a two-part campaign which will take your band of investigators from the mountains of Carolina to an ancient shrine to the Great Old Ones and a confrontation with a ruthless undead villain.
Included here are:
Rise of the Sleeper - in which an unexpected inheritance leads to a nightmare of undeath in the Florida Everglades.
Caller in the Desert - in which a carefree holiday in Egypt becomes a living nightmare from the nighted mists of prehistory.
The Sundial of Amen-Tet - in which a family crisis leads to a time-traveling madman.
Sorrow's Glen - in which a morbid archaeological site conceals an abysmal horror.
The Star-Shrine - in which a vampire seeks to free the Great Old Ones.
The Devourer - in which a star-spawned horror threatens to consume the world."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
No comments:
Post a Comment