"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Saturday, June 15, 2013
CoC 1920s Investigator's Companion
When I picked this book up for some reason I thought it was for the first edition of the game. I was of course wrong and found out that this book, released in 1997, is a reprint that combines two books from the first edition. It apparently contains all of the information in those and also adds some additional information. In this case, as rarely happens, being wrong about something worked out OK for me.
The cover of the book describes itself as "A Core Game Book for Players". I am not sure that this is actually the case. I would call it sourcebook but not a core rule book. The information in the book is for the most part all useful but not essential as the game can be played without it. If you are playing a 1920's based campaign the information in the book will be useful to both player and GM. It contains four sections dealing with the history of the Twenties, player occupations, tools of the trade and finally a section on how to be a Mythos investigator.
Publisher Blurb:
An Essential Guide for Players
When faced with the horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos, investigators need all the help that they can get. This essential player's aid for Call of Cthulhu provides it.
The 1920s Investigator's Companion is split into four sections. "The Roaring Twenties" details life in the 1920s, from a general historical overview to listing of favorite songs, books, and films of the era. "On Becoming An Investigator" details the trials of becoming an investigator, offers 140 different occupations, and annotates the use of skills in the 1920s. "The Tools of the Trade" lists resources investigators may use for research, describes various forms of transport and transportation, and also catalog other equipment and weapons. "Words of Wisdom" brings the book to a conclusion by offering advice to the intrepid investigator.
Now, for the first time, everything a 1920s investigator needs is gathered in one place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
No comments:
Post a Comment