"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Thursday, June 20, 2013
CoC - Horror's Heart
I am a strong believer in the adage that you should never judge a book by it's cover. I try to live this in the real world and when it comes to gaming. I am afraid that when it comes to this offering I have failed miserably. There is just something about this cover that prevents me from taking the adventure seriously. I think it would have been the same if M:tG had used Amy Weber's Fork as its theme art. I don't know who the artist is and it is not bad but I just don't like it. The adventure is one that when read the reader will find it to be well done if perhaps just a bit to linear for some groups. If I ever were to run it I might find a real cheap copy and tear the cover off. Released in 1997 it comes in at 80 pages.
From the back cover:
"This dangerous investigation is set in Canada, in the 1920s. The investigators meet the powerful Lavoie family of Montreal and learn what imperils them, they glimpse a strange cult that now thrives in Quebec and the ancient nemesis that guides it, they come to understand the significance of the corpse discovered in the foundations of a former seminary, they at last perceive the true motives of Father Philip McBride, and they gather at last the full truth about a Churchly saint who has long fascinated McBride. There are plenty of puzzles to solve and investigation to be done up until the final day of play, an unusually complete blend of action, deduction, and interesting situations. Player Characters have time to get their bearings, making this adventure a good one for beginners, but even old hands are soon challenged by a succession of deadly perils. Horror's Heart is designed to be finished over several evenings. It includes about twenty handouts, many illustrations, several new spells and magical traps, and lots of murders and murderers..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
No comments:
Post a Comment