"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Codex of Erde
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setting that harkens back to the early days of the game in some ways. It has an actual connection in that the book includes a short adventure by none other than Gary Gygax himself. Given the relationship between Gygax and Troll Lord Games I am not surprised by the apparent influence and I wonder how much of it might have actually been directly influenced by Gary himself.
It is a largish book with a total of 256 pages that cover everything from the beginning of the universe, the creation of the world and the role that the gods played in it. It then covers the actual nations of the world as well as providing races, spells and magic items. There are also some changes to the rules of the game as well as new rules.
It has been a good while since I read the book and packed it away in inventory. At the time I recall that I thought it was a worthwhile addition as there was material that could be incorporated into my own blend of a world. The book has since been slated for re-release by Troll Lord Games as the Codex of Aihrde but that was in early 2012 and it still shows as coming soon. It will be specifically for the Castle & Crusades game which is not a bad thing. I just hope it is not on the same length of schedule as the Castle Keepers Guide!
From the back of the book:
"Explore a World of Epic Adventure!
Requires the use of the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook, Third Edition, published by Wizards of the Coast.
This book contains everything needed by players and DMs to weave epic tales of heroism in the World of Erde. A detailed history of the world, descriptions of the lands, maps, heraldry, races, languages, deities, classes, spells, magic items, and monsters are found within, and all are fully compatible with the 3rd Edition of the world's most popular fantasy roleplaying game.
Also includes a mini-adventure by Gary Gygax!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
No comments:
Post a Comment