"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Cloudland - Grenadier
I really wish I knew more about this. It is one of the AD&D related items that were released by Grenadier. It was released in 1984 and is 48 pages in length. The items all feature monsters that they have miniatures for. It seems like a good idea for them and the GM since they knew they could find miniatures then but as I recall this product was just so-so. I have never had call to use it and it can still be picked up in or under the $10 price range on eBay. Anyone have any stories or information they care to share about this?
About the module:
"You have heard rumors that Cloudland is a huge castle built many decades ago by a powerful mage. The mage is long dead, but creatures still fight for control of the castle's awesome towers. Beneath the walls of Cloudland, in its subterranean expanses, are rumored to be untold riches and strong, arcane magics. Many adventurers have attempted to probe its depths, none have ever returned. Do you have the skill and courage necessary to explore Cloudland?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
3 comments:
Though, by most refined gamer's opinions, this module is 'so-so,' it was the first module I ever owned. I was just learning how to play D&D when it came out, and 'ran myself' through it with the only dice I had, a bunch of d6. Neck, all I had were d6....thanks Mom!
- jdryner
Standing on its own merits, it's an average module, but I've seen many a DM destroy one of the classics.
Back in 2002, I took the module, updated it for Hackmaster, and figured out how the various factions worked between themselves. With just those two modifications, it was one of the toughest (and most hated for a group that rarely got their crap together) adventures we ran over the four year campaign.
@Viscount Eric, do you know who owns the copyrights of this module? I've been trying to figure that out for a while.
-jdryner
Post a Comment