"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Chill - Horrors of North America
First day back so I won't write too much. I did want to make a post though. This is great source material for creatures that players might not normally think about. I have never compared the list of monsters against ones that were used in the X-Files but I would be surprised if they did not use at least one of them. This was new under the Mayfair line of Chill products. I am not sure if there is a bad product under either offering and this is one that is definitely worth having.
From the back of the book:
"This 128-page sourcebook/scenario features 18 new Creatures of the Unknown and 15 alarming locations spread across the continent. Chill Masters can have their players' characters travel to Newfoundland, Vancouver, New York, New Mexico and other places and meet horrifying creatures such as the Sasquatch, the Drowned Ones, the Hodag and the Bogy. Localized maps, objects with magical powers and frighteningly real historical information are included.
The scenario, Once Bitten, is for 4 to 8 characters and takes place at a lumber mill in the forests of Oregon."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
From the back of the box: Unveil the forbidden secrets of Nog and Kadar! The Nogaro River has seen the rise and fall of countless empire...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
Unearthed Arcana was released in what I would call the silver age of roleplaying. Not in that it was the second best but using the age ranki...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
I had mentioned before that I tend to prefer my Cthulhu set in the period that the game was originally written for. Modern era Cthulh...

No comments:
Post a Comment