"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Creatures Bestiary - Chivalry & Sorcery 3e
This is the "Monster Manual" for the third edition of Chivalry and Sorcery. It was released in 1997 and was offered in a softcover and hardcover edition. I recall buying this and the core rulebook shortly after they were released. I did not buy them new though. I seem to recall that they were an eBay purchase.I had fond memories of the old C&S from back in the day. This is the softcover version of the book and I would at some point like to upgrade to the hardcover just for durability reasons. The book itself is a bit of a mixed bag. Overall it is good and worth owning but the book seems to have the feel of one written by many different authors and then packaged together with not attempt to make it uniform overall. The high points are really high but on the plus side the low points are not low at all just not up to the high points.
Condensed blurb from the back of the book:
This book contains all the Creatures and Monsters you'll ever need to play Chivalry & Sorcery 3rd edition!... An indispensable aid to any Game Master, as well as a great reference material for players. The Chivalry and Sorcery Creatures Bestiary is a tremendous supplement jam-packed with information. Oh, and a word of warning, "Beware the Trolls"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
No comments:
Post a Comment