"Go to the sign of Marvel's Axe, a dubious inn on the edge of the Thieves Quarter, in the City of Greyhawk, and look to your own wrist. If you perceive a bracelet and dangling dice, watch for the next throw in the war between Law and Chaos and be prepared to follow the compelling geas." -Signal
Friday, May 3, 2013
Companion to Superworld
Superworld is a game that I discovered after it had been out for only a short period of time and was very excited about. The problem back then was that there were very few game shops where games could be bought and Amazon was still maybe 30 years or so away. I remember eventually finding a place that sold games and buying a copy of it to play. Imagine my disappointment in being told by the group that I was playing with at the time that they wanted to continue playing Champions. This began a long history of missed opportunities with Superworld....that persist to this day.
The Companion to Superworld is an essential part of the game. It expands the powers and adds alternate rules. It also includes conversion rules for both Champions as well as Villains & Vigilantes. There is even information on Danger Rooms and the effects of weather. I really, really wish I could tell you how these rules played in the game but that is apparently never to be. The system is based on the Basic Role Playing system from Chaosium so I bet it works great.
From the back:
This Superworld Companion expands the world of super-powered roleplaying. It includes: changes for and variants of Superworld powers: new ways to use powers such as Absorption, Defense, Dimension Shift, Emotion Control, Fortune, Gimmick, Illusion Projection, Invisibility, Martial Arts, Mimic, MicroSIZ, Reduction, Resistance, Snare, and Teleport.
New Powers: Aura Enhancement, Aura Defense, Cancellation, Clairvoyance, Cosmic Consciousness, Hex, Immunity, Infection, Lightfoot, Mental Image, Microscopic Vision, Paralysis, Possession, Power Sense, Quake, Resurection, Shield, Siphon, Special Sense, Tongues, Transform, Ultraviolet Vision, Verification, Wall, and Weather Control.
Also included in the Superworld Companion are conversion systems to Champions and to Villains and Vigilantes, an in depth treatment of weather and weather-related powers in Superworld, and a fully described base with working danger rooms for heroes or villains (usable with Superworld and Champions).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is one of the better written D20 products i have ever has a chance to pick u[. The subject matter makes much of this possible but their...
-
This is a product by Chaosium that has been discontinued. This started as a French game released in 1992. It was translated into English ...
-
Back in March I posted about the 'Good Guys" of Star Trek so maybe I should post a little something about the bag guys. I would h...
-
GURPS allows the GM to run all most anything provided that they have the source material for it. Steve Jackson Games (SJG) has been good abo...
-
Agone is an RPG published by Multisim. They are a French company that published board and RPG games. Agone was originally released in 1999 a...
-
Codex of Erde is an offering from Troll Lord Games. It was released in 2001 under the D20 license for D&D 3.0. It is a campaign setti...
-
Prayers from the Faithful is the clerics answer to Pages from the Mages. Prayers from the Faithful add a slew of new clerical spells long lo...
-
Flying Buffalo has given us two series of books that I would consider almost required DM material to own. The first of these is Grimtooth...
-
The Thunder Rift series is a line of modules that were designed to allow novice DMs and players to cut their teeth as it were. The line ha...
No comments:
Post a Comment